Click to check out our VIDEO!
Congratulations to our 1st place team and Aquatics, Soils, Wildlife, and the Oral Competition Station Winners: Episcopal School of Baton Rouge!!!
Congratulations to our 2nd place team and Soils, Forestry, Agricultural Soil & Water Conservation Stewardship Winners: Quitman High School!!!
Congratulations to our 3rd place team: Westdale Middle School!!!
What is the Louisiana Envirothon?
The Louisiana Envirothon is an environmental problem-solving competition for students in grades 6-12. Teams train and compete by demonstrating their knowledge of environmental science and natural resource management. The competition focuses on five natural resource areas: soils and land use, aquatic resources, forestry, wildlife, and a current environmental issue. The 2017 current environmental issue is Agricultural Soil & Water Conservation Stewardship. Teams also present a solution to an environmental problem related to the current issue in an oral presentation.
When is Envirothon?
In the Spring of each year. 2018 date TBA soon!
Where is Envirothon being held?
LSU AgCenter Botanic Gardens, Baton Rouge, LA
4560 Essen Lane Baton Rouge, LA 70809
Who can participate?
Teams of five students in grades 6-12 associated with a school or organized group.
How can I participate?
Each student must read the Louisiana Envirothon rules and regulations, submit an individual registration form that must be signed by the student and parent. Each team must also submit a team registration form that will be completed and signed by their advisor along with a $50 fee per team. Every student and advisor must read and adhere to the regulations set forth by the Louisiana Envirothon to participate in the competition. Faxed, scanned, or mailed copies will be accepted.
How do I prepare?
Training materials and other resources can be found at the links below. You may also contact station masters at any time with questions.
Why get involved?
- Winners receive special recognition and monetary prizes.
- It's fun! Students gain a desire to learn more about the natural environment and stewardship of natural resources. Students also learn critical thinking, cooperative problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Students learn how to apply resource management and ecology to complex environmental issues with hands on environmental experiences.
- Winning team (high school only) meeting minimum score requirements may represent Louisiana in the North American Envirothon competition where students can win scholarships and prizes. Travel costs will be paid if sponsorship funding is available.
How can you get involved?
- Organize a team! Five students from the same school or associated with an organized group (i.e. FFA, 4-H, science club, etc...) can participate as a team.
- Become a sponsor! Sponsors receive recognition in press releases and through statewide media, on promotional items, on the DEQ website and in many other ways. Please view the sponsorship document for details and opportunities. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make a donation! Donations in support of Envirothon are tax-deductible and can be sent to:
Acadiana Resource Conservation & Development Council ATTN: Envirothon 703 Thoroughbred Drive Lafayette, LA 70507
Acadiana Resource Conservation & Development Council is a 501(C)3 organization.
For more information:
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter by clicking on the buttons above or view our flyer.
Contact us at 225-219-0877 or email@example.com .