Construction Storm Water
Both LDEQ and EPA templates and guidance documents are available for the convenience of the permit applicants. Please note that permit applicants are not required to use any specific SWPPP template. Permit applicants may use any of the following templates or design their own SWPPP as long as the contents are in compliance with the applicable general permit.
- LDEQ Blank Construction General Permit SWPPP – The format of this template follows the structure of LDEQ’s construction general permits; this SWPPP may be used as a template for projects covered under the LAR100000 or LAR200000.
- EPA’s Construction Storm Water SWPPP Guide
- General Construction Storm Water SWPPP Template – Includes example information based on a fictional project; this SWPPP template is appropriate for a wide range of construction projects and may be modified as needed.
- EPA’s 2012 Construction Storm Water SWPPP Template – This template is appropriate for operators that must obtain an EPA permit, which includes construction on Indian Lands within the state of Louisiana
- East Baton Rouge Parish BMP Manual
- Storm Water Guidance Tool for Orleans and Jefferson Parishes
- Best Management Practices for Coastal Louisiana Nonpoint Source Pollution
The Construction Industry Compliance Assistance Center (http://www.cicacenter.org/bmps.html)
EPA’s Construction Storm Water Webpage (http://cfpub1.epa.gov/npdes/stormwater/swppp.cfm)
EPA’s Menu of BMPs (http://cfpub1.epa.gov/npdes/stormwater/menuofbmps/index.cfm?action=min_measure&min_measure_id=4)
Online Storm Water Inspector Training available from the Louisiana Urban Storm Water Coalition
Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Information
LDEQ Annual Report Form for Small MS4s
Phase II MS4s in Louisiana
2010 Census Urbanized Area Maps
Important! The 2010 US Census Maps were released in 2012 and several new and expanded MS4 areas have been identified. Upon the 2013 Reissuance of the Small MS4 General Permit, newly regulated MS4s will be required to apply for permit coverage.
EPA Small (Phase II) MS4 Fact Sheet Series