A FRONT-LOADING CONCEPT DEVELOPED BY THE DEQ LEADERSHIP TEAM
EDUCATION + MEANINGFUL PARTICIPATION = COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT
The Enviroschool program at the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality (LDEQ) is the environmental education outreach arm of the Agency that provides training for communities, businesses, and other organizations on a number of regulatory topics. The goal of this program is for the attendees to become informed about the environmental regulatory process and to maintain and improve environmental compliance. These workshops are free and open to the public. If you are interested, please feel free to register for any of our workshops that are posted below or contact us if you would like additional information.
Pineville workshop rescheduled from March 5th to April 7th with location change. Location change for New Orleans March 26th workshop (see below).
LPDES Construction Stormwater Permits
This session will provide an overview of stormwater general permits and the requirements for operators of construction projects to obtain authorization to discharcharge stormwater. An emphasis will be placed on new requirements in the 2014 Large Construction General Permit, LAR 100000. Please register for one of the sessions below; all sessions are from 10AM-12NOON.
- March 12, Lake Charles Area: LSU/SU Ag Center, 7101 Gulf Highway, Lake Charles, LA 70607
- March 26, New Orleans Area: LOCATION UPDATE: Yenni Building, 2nd Floor Council Chambers, 1221 Elmwood Park Blvd., Jefferson, LA 70123
- APRIL 7, Alexandria Area: Kees Park Community Center, 2450 Highway 28 East, Pineville, LA 71360
Sewage Sludge Hauling
This session will provide an overview of the rules and regulations including registration requirements, standards for transporters of sewage sludge, and standards for vehicles and/or containers used in the transport of sewage sludge. Additionally, there will be a brief discussion on the inspection and enforcement procedures regarding sewage sludge hauling. Facility owners, operators, drivers, consultants, persons involved with sewage sludge generation, hauling and disposal operations are encouraged to attend. Please register for one of the sessions below; all sessions are from 10AM-12Noon:
- April 9, Baton Rouge: LDEQ HQ- Galvez Bldg, Pensacola Room, 602 North 5th Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70802
- April 16, Lake Charles Area: LSU/SU Ag Center, 7101 Gulf Highway, Lake Charles, LA 70607
- April 23, Alexandria Area: Tudor Community Center, 341 Bragg Street, Pineville, LA 71360
- April 28, New Orleans Area: Jefferson Parish Library, 4747 West Napoleon Street, Metairie, LA 70001
Business, Community Outreach, & Incentives Division
Post Office Box 4301
Baton Rouge, LA 70821