Not Really Recycling
If You're Not Buying Recycled,
You're Not Really Recycling!
- Commit to "Buy Recycled" at home and encourage the use of recycled-content products at your office.
- Organize a display of recycled-content products at your church, office, school, or retail shopping center.
- Ask local retailers to stock more products made from recycled materials.
- Look for "safe bets" that always have recycled content, such as steel, aluminum, glass, paper egg cartons, and cereal boxes.
- Purchase remanufactured products and equipment like toner cartridges, office furniture, auto parts, re-refined oil, or retreaded tires.
- Teach children why, "If you're not buying recycled, you're not really recycling." Organize a tour of a local facility that manufactures recycled-content products.
- Purchase products you know can be recycled in your community.
- If one of your favorite products does not have recycled content, call the manufacturer and ask them to change it.
- Read product labels and look for the highest precentage of recycled content (especially post-consumer content).
- Act by buying a recycled product today!