The mission of the DEQ's Small Business/Small Community Assistance Program (SB/SCAP) is to provide environmental regulatory assistance and information to small businesses and small communities.
The vision of the SB/SCAP is to make environmental compliance and pollution prevention assistance and information available to every small business and small community in Louisiana that can benefit from it.
The SB/SCAP is dedicated to:
- Assisting in understanding complex federal and state regulations in all environmental media, and providing advice on how to comply with them;
- Assisting in understanding the rights and obligations of small businesses with respect to regulations;
- Identifying emission sources and pollutants;
- Estimating emissions at each source for inventory questionnaires;
- Preparing environmental permit applications and exemptions;
- Developing pollution and prevention plans;
- Assisting newly permitted facilities in understanding their responsibilities;
- Assisting small communities and municipalities in resolving environmental issues, and
- Providing support and resources to LDEQ's Community Industry Relations Group.