Press Release: http://www.deq.louisiana.gov/portal/portals/0/news/pdf/2014envirothon.pdf
COME TEST YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL KNOWLEDGE AT THE 2015 LOUISIANA ENVIROTHON!
Congratulations to our 2014 Envirothon Winners!
First Place-Baton Rouge Magnet High School-Alpha Team
Second Place-Louisiana School for Math, Science, & the Arts-Blue Team
Third Place-Baton Rouge Magnet High School-Gamma Team
- Aquatics: Baton Rouge Magnet High School-Gamma
- Forestry: Baton Rouge Magnet High School-Alpha
- Soils: Baton Rouge Magnet High School-Gamma
- Wildlife: Baton Rouge Magnet High School-Alpha
- Current Issue-Sustainable Local Agriculture: Baton Rouge Magnet High School-Alpha & Beta
- Oral Presentation: Simsboro High School
Great Job to all Participating Teams!
Acadiana High School
Baton Rouge Magnet High School-Alpha
Baton Rouge Magnet High School-Beta
Baton Rouge Magnet High School-Gamma
Live Oak High School
Louisiana School for Math, Science, and the Arts- Blue
Louisiana School for Math, Science, and the Arts- Gold
Simsboro High School, Simsboro
What is the Louisiana Envirothon?
The Louisiana Envirothon is an environmental problem-solving competition for students in grades 6-12. Teams train and compete by demonstrating their knowledge of environmental science and natural resource management. The competition focuses on five natural resource areas: soils and land use, aquatic resources, forestry, wildlife, and a current environmental issue. The 2014 current environmental issue is Sustainable Local Agriculture/Locally Grown. Teams also present a solution to an environmental problem related to the current issue in an oral presentation.
When is Envirothon?
Saturday, March 14, 2015
Where is Envirothon being held?
LSU AgCenter Burden Center, Baton Rouge, LA
4560 Essen Lane Baton Rouge, LA 70809
Who can participate?
Teams of five students in grades 6-12 associated with a school or organized group.
How can I participate?
Register by completing the form below and submitting with a $50 fee per team.
How do I prepare?
Training materials and other resources can be found at the links below. You may also contact station masters at any time with questions.
Why get involved?
- Winners receive special recognition and monetary prizes.
- It's fun! Students gain a desire to learn more about the natural environment and stewardship of natural resources. Students also learn critical thinking, cooperative problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Students learn how to apply resource management and ecology to complex environmental issues with hands on environmental experiences.
- Winning team (high school only) meeting minimum score requirements may represent Louisiana in the North American Envirothon competition where students can win scholarships and prizes. Travel costs will be paid if sponsorship funding is available.
How can you get involved?
- Organize a team! Five students from the same school or associated with an organized group (i.e. FFA, 4-H, science club, etc...) can participate as a team.
- Become a sponsor! Sponsors receive recognition in press releases and through statewide media, on promotional items, on the DEQ website and in many other ways. Please view the sponsorship document for details and opportunities. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please contact Ashley LeBlanc at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make a donation! Donations in support of Envirothon are tax-deductible and can be sent to:
Acadiana Resource Conservation & Development Council ATTN: Envirothon 703 Thoroughbred Drive Lafayette, LA 70507
Acadiana Resource Conservation & Development Council is a 501(C)3 organization.
For more information:
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter by clicking on the buttons above or view our flyer.
Contact us at 225-219-0877 or email@example.com .