Disaster Debris Management
Upon the declaration of an emergency by LDEQ, local governments and state agencies may "activate" a pre-approved emergency debris site by doing the following:
- Upon activation, the governmental body shall notify LDEQ Headquarters at (225) 364-7901 that the site is being activated. This verbal notification shall occur as soon as practicable depending on communication capability. If LDEQ Headquarters does not have communication capability, please call your local LDEQ Regional Office.
- Submit the written notification form with five (5) days.
- Submit Weekly Debris Management Reports (WDMRs) for vegetative debris.
- When operations are completed, contact your regional office for a deactivation site inspection.
- Once headquarters receives the deactivation site inspection from the regional office and all WDMRs, a deactivation letter will be sent and the site will be required to reactivate should another emergency occur.
LDEQ Hurricane Information Page with Parish Resource Book
Debris-related Fact Sheets and Policies from FEMA
To get potential applicants on the right track with their contracts, monitoring, etc., refer to:
EPA Publication "Planning for Natural Disaster Debris"
Concrete Slab, Concrete Recycling and reuse
Concerns in Using Vegetative Debris in Coastal Restoration Projects
Permits - Variances and Waivers
For variances, waivers, letters of response or for other questions, please contact the following individuals in the Office of Environmental Services:
Louisiana Office of Cultural Development
State Historic Preservation Office
Telephone: (225) 342-8170
Fax: (225) 342-4480
Written requests should be mailed to:
Office of Environmental Services
Post Office Box 4313
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70821-4313
ILLEGAL DUMPING - Report it Now! Call 225-219-3640