About the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality
LDEQ business hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Please see the following steps below to have parking validated in the Galvez Parking Garage:
- Pull directly into the garage from either of the two entrances and locate a parking spot. (Do not park in spaces marked reserved or back into a parking spot. Please pull forward into the spot and park within the lines).
- Either write down or take a picture of your license plate.
- Check in with the Security Officer at the front desk. (Must be completed within 30 minutes of parking)
- If you have a smartphone the Security Officer will have a QR code for you to scan.
- If you do not have a smartphone or the QR code does not work, let the person you are meeting with know. They will get your information and provide it to dedicated staff to validate your parking.
For safety and security reasons, visitors must sign in at the security desk and present photo identification.
The Department's mission is to provide service to the people of Louisiana through comprehensive environmental protection in order to promote and protect health, safety and welfare.
To be a respected steward of the State's environment.
Below is an overview of the five major offices within the agency. It provides information on the mission, function, and organization along with a biography for each member of management.
- Office of the Secretary
- Office of Management and Finance
- Office of Environmental Services
- Office of Environmental Compliance
- Office of Environmental Assessment