Permit Compliance Unit Information and Resources
- Louisiana Pollutant Discharge Elimination System - LPDES
- Louisiana's Water Quality Regulations (LAC 33:Chapter IX) require permits for the discharge of pollutants from any point source into waters of the state of Louisiana. This surface water discharge permitting system is administered under the Louisiana Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (LPDES) program. LDEQ became a state delegated to administer the NPDES Program in August of 1996.
- Actions & Settlements
- View enforcement actions (by month & year) and settlements (by year) issued by the Department.
- LDEQ's Small Business / Community Assistance Program - SBCAP
- Provides environmental regulatory assistance and information to small businesses and communities. SBCAP operates in accordance with the Confidentiality option provided by the EPA Enforcement Response Policy, effective August 12, 1994, regarding Section 507 of the Clean Air Act. Under this policy, violations detected through assistance will be kept confidential.
- Operator Resources
- Funding Opportunities
- EPA Compliance Advisories and Enforcement Alerts
- Contain useful information about select provisions of EPA regulatory rquirements. Can limit list of Advisories and Alerts to those focused on wastewater by searching for CWA. Any given Advisory or Alert is reflective of EPA requirements and priorities at the time of publication. As always, you should look at the current applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- EPA Technical Assistance Webinar Series: Improving CWA-NPDES permit Compliance at Small Wastewater Treatment Systems
- Helps permittees understand the root causes of common problems faced by wastewater treatment system operators and provides suggestions and resources to help them fine-tune their operations and, if needed, fix their noncompliance problems.
- EPA's Enforcement and Compliance History Online - ECHO
- Provides compliance and enforcement information for approximately 800,000 EPA-permitted facilities nationwide. ECHO includes permit, inspection, violation, enforcement action, and penalty information about facilities regulated under the Clean Air Act (CAA) Stationary Source Program, Clean Water Act (CWA) National Pollutant Elimination Discharge System (NPDES), and/or Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).